At a time when the state is failing to meet its constitutional obligation to education, these investments include important accountability measures so we can be sure your dollars are being spent wisely.
Budget Priorities for a Working Washington
Our state has been tested these past few years by an economic storm of historic proportions. But we are emerging from the recession, and I believe we now have an opportunity before us to rebuild our economy so it is more diverse and resilient than ever. As governor, I will do everything in my power to seize this moment.
- Make significant and targeted investments in education to meet our constitutional obligations under the McCleary decision
- Step up efforts on Lean management so state agencies operate more effectively and efficiently, within available resources
- Close tax breaks whose benefits do not outweigh the needs of our schoolchildren
- Promote policies and opportunities to grow jobs
- Prepare Washington for a vibrant, thriving economy
- Protect vital services to seniors, children and disabled individuals