At a time when the state is failing to meet its constitutional obligation to education, these investments include important accountability measures so we can be sure your dollars are being spent wisely.
Budget Priorities for a Working Washington
It's time to reinvest in Washington. Governor Inslee's proposed 2015-17 budget makes a bold commitment to education and protects important services hit hard by budget cuts during the recession.
See 2015-17 budget highlights and charts (ofm.wa.gov)
2014 budget priorities
- Make significant and targeted investments in education to meet our constitutional obligations under the McCleary decision
- Step up efforts on Lean management so state agencies operate more effectively and efficiently, within available resources
- Close tax breaks whose benefits do not outweigh the needs of our schoolchildren
- Promote policies and opportunities to grow jobs
- Prepare Washington for a vibrant, thriving economy
- Protect vital services to seniors, children and disabled individuals