- Schuyler Hoss
Gov. Inslee will direct the flag to be lowered to half-staff on these occasions:
- Peace Officers Memorial Day, May 15 (unless that day is also Armed Forces Day);
- Patriot Day, September 11;
- National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, December 7;
- In the event of the death of a principal federal and state government official;
- In the event of the death of a state government employee, or a member of the public safety community, killed in the line of duty; and
- In the event of the death of a member of the armed forces from Washington state while serving on active duty.
Other government entities, citizens and businesses are encouraged to join this recognition.