Washington Wildfire Resources

On this page:

Spokane status updates

Wildfire status updates

Shelter and housing resources

Updates from Washington state

State and federal resources

Agriculture-related losses: Contact your local USDA Farm Service Agency office to report agriculture-related losses.

Business assistance: If your business was impacted by wildfire, the Dept. of Commerce has resources that can help. If you're an artist and your work has been impacted, visit the WA Arts Commission page for more info.

Driver license and document replacement: If you or someone you know lost their driver license or ID card, the Dept. of Licensing is offering expedited services for individuals affected by the wildfires. The service is available online, by phone (360.902.0172), or in person.

Finances: Resources for handling finances after a natural disaster.

Flooding: The risk of flooding increases after wildfire. To learn how to prepare for flooding in your neighborhood visit FEMA’s FloodSmart webpage.

Food and cash assistance: The DSHS Community Services Offices are serving clients who may need replacement food and cash assistance as a result of the wildfires. Call 1-877-501-2233 for more information.

Health insurance: Apple Health (Medicaid) clients affected by the wildfires who have questions or problems can call their regional enrollment specialists for help:

  • East Wenatchee: Located at Chelan-Douglas Health Dept. Call 509-860-5590 or 509-886-6419
  • Omak: Located at Mid-Valley Hospital. Call 509-826-8186
  • Republic: Located at Republic Medical Clinic. Call 509-775-3153, ext. 497
  • Wenatchee: Located at Columbia Valley Community Health. Call 509-661-3651

Insurance coverage: Anyone with questions about insurance coverage related to wildfires can call the Office of the Insurance Commissioner (OIC) at 1-800-562-6900 to speak with experts. OIC has tips for filing a claim after a natural disaster and information for homeowners about wildfires and their insurance.

Lost livestock assistance: Those that lost livestock in the wildfires may qualify for help from U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Livestock Indemnity Program.

Postal Service: More information on how wildfire may impact mail delivery here.

Prescriptions and medical supplies: If Apple Health (Medicaid) clients need medical supplies, medical equipment, or medications that have been lost or destroyed by fire, or have become inaccessible due to evacuation, the Health Care Authority is authorizing providers to furnish these without pre-authorization.

Protect your home from wildfires by creating defensible space.

State park burn ban alerts by park.

State park closures: Stay up to date via State Parks Twitter or Facebook.

Tax assistance:

Tree grower assistance: Growers who lost trees to wildfires may qualify for help from U.S. Department of Agriculture's Tree Assistant Program.

Unemployment assistance: Workers and businesses impacted by wildfires may qualify for unemployment benefits or assistance.

Veteran assistance: Veterans who have been affected by wildfires and need help should contact their County Veterans Program.

What you can do

Donate locally: Community Action Agencies in fire impacted areas are assisting with recovery and emergency needs. To make a cash donation, contact:

Red Cross: You can donate to the Red Cross or ask about volunteer opportunities. Any amount is helpful. Call 1-800-RedCross or donate online.

State employees can donate to the wildfire relief campaign online or through their pay checks through the Combined Fund Drive Wildfire Relief Campaign.


  • Find out how to get involved at your local fire department here or call 1-800-FIRELINE
  • If you're a veteran interested in volunteering, more info on Team Rubicon here
  • Stevens County information
  • In Ferry County, contact Search and Rescue Disaster Relief at 509-775-3712
  • On the Colville Reservation, contact the Inchelium Community Center at 509-722-7085 or 509-690-1098

Social media related to #waWILDFIRE

#waWILDFIRE on Twitter

Note: This Twitter feed is not monitored by the Governor's Office.