Board & Commission Profiles

Below you will find detailed information on each state board and commission to which Gov. Inslee has appointment authority. Click below to view the boards -- these profiles will provide you with the detailed information about each board, including board members. You can also view all recently appointed board members.

If you have additional questions about boards and commissions please contact the Office of the Governor at (360)902-4111 or email.

Boards and Commissions

SHOW ALL || A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z

Columbia River Gorge Commission

Develops and implements policies and programs that protect and enhance the scenic, natural, cultural and recreational resources of the Gorge, while encouraging growth within existing urban areas of the Gorge and allowing development outside urban areas consistent with resource protection; sets policy for protecting the non-federal lands in the Gorge; serves as the appeals board for Scenic Area land use decisions issued by a county or by the Commission’s Executive Director and challenged by another party; works with Gorge counties who administer the land use ordinances that implement the Management Plan; and certifies grants and loans by Oregon and Washington's Investment Boards to encourage economic growth in the Gorge.
Board Website
Policy AreaOutdoor Recreation and Economic Development
Governor Appointments3
Total Board Positions6
Statutory AuthorityRCW 43.97.025
Public Disclosure Required?No
Senate Confirmation Required?Yes
Compensationsubsistence allowance and travel expenses
Term Length (years)4
Statutory Term Limits
Member Requirements: Residents of the state of Washington, at least one whom shall be a resident of the scenic area as defined in the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area Act. Each member appointed by the governor shall be subject to confirmation by the Washington state senate and shall serve at the pleasure of the governor until their term shall expire or until a disqualifying change in residence.